Tuesday, March 31, 2009

outdoor has begun!


This is ME...at our first outdoor meet at Trinity University in the hood of Hartford, CT. When we got there (when this pic was taken) it was about 40ish degrees outside. By the middle of the meet it was a blazing 63 degrees...can you say I was ready to sunbathe!!!!! Never in a gazillion years would I have ever thought that I'd be excited to have a meet that was 63 degrees. I only got a little sunburned in the face (yes you can burn in 60 degree temperatures because the sun waves are the same as when it's 90), but thank God it didn't peel like last week :-).

So about the meet...well honestly it didn't really matter to me if they ran well or not because (1) it was the first meet of the season and (2) it was absolutely beautiful so in my eyes, my girls could do no wrong. In hindsight, because our outdoor season is so short, we have to make the best out of every meet in hopes of qualifying for post season championship meets. My quarter milers really stepped it up this weekend. Our 400 hurdler is showing GREAT potential for the rest of the season. Not that I want to jinx myself, but if ever we thought we'd get a national qualifier (other than our fabulous pole vaulter), the 4 Hurdler has the brightest future. She ran a career PR in the first outdoor meet and that just made me so proud as a coach. We are working together to figure out what works specifically for her, and because she is the only intermediate hurdler, it makes it so much easier to individualize her workouts. The sprint relay...well...when we get the hand-offs down pack we should be good. Judging by the confidence in the team, this should be a good year for the relays.

Outside of track...I really think I have simply checked out of school. The only problem with this is that I still have a month left until the last day of classes AND an entire year left in my program. I usually like for time to slow down so that I can enjoy what life has to offer, but it this case I just want out...NOW! I'm so ready to just be done and work full time. I'm tired of school. I'm tired of classes in which I don't feel like I'm learning much of anything because I'm always so zoned out. I'm tired of my lack of social life. I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired! Ok I'm done ranting...

SIGH...

So ummm...March Madness!!!! My team totally got knocked out on a last second play so I guess I'll just watch the final game so that I can fulfill my assignment for one of my classes and overly analyze the game instead of just being able to enjoy it...bummer!

The one positive thing about this month...MY (and lil brother's) BIRTHDAY !!!!! Yay for getting old...NOT! And for once it won't even matter because no one here knows (other than Felicia), and I don't have any friends, family or significant other to so much as go out to eat with because we'll be in the great state of Maine. Thank God it's only 23, because if it was something of significance I'd be highly upset.

Ok I'm tired of being negative...back to your regular scheduled program...

1 comment:

Valeriya said...

yeah so my B'day is next week and I didnt find out till yesterday. Now you know you have no life if you are not even aware of important dates. We'll see what this one brings