Sunday, May 3, 2009

coach's weekend

This weekend was by far the worst I've had as a coach this year. It didn't help that I carried some "unhappy with the team" baggage into the meet, but the girls definitely topped off my "shit" list (for a lack of better words) on Saturday. As Carla put it, some of the girls brought their "A" game, and the rest (i.e. the majority) brought NO game. She wasn't pleased and neither was I. I think for the first time I was truly visibly upset with them, and it was elevated because this is championship season and we really don't have time for an "off day" as far as performance. Needless to say, if they do not get their act together, their season will be cut short. I've fought for them all season to be able to run through the remainder of the season, but at some point they have to prove that they can back up what I'm saying.

On a lighter note, here are some pics from conference weekend and the athlete banquet...I feel like I'm starting to look and get respected as an actual coach.

No comments: