Tuesday, July 29, 2008

new chapter...

My extended summer vacation is slowly coming to an end...and while I have enjoyed the last 4 years of my life, I am super excited to begin the next chapter in what I like to call the frozen tundra. Beaumont to Houston was not such a huge jump in my initial move to college...i had the luxury of going home whenever I wanted, and my family always welcomed me with open arms. At Rice I've had the opportunity to meet wonderful people, but to also immerse myself in a diverse culture that has opened my eyes to a whole new world. I can honestly say I have the BEST friends in the entire world...to describe each in detail would take a lifetime, and being without them will be the hardest adjustment for me to make in the coming months.



Massachusetts is a long way away from what I have called home for the last 22 years of my life...and while I will forever be a Texan at heart, I'm excited to immerse myself in the New England culture. For the first time in my life I will be able to see 4 distinct seasons (although I am not at all excited about snow storms, blizzards, and not being able to run outside with my typical running attire on). There is different food, different fashion...just a totally different culture from what I have experienced from previous visits to the state.



So here's to the next step...an astonishing 27hr drive to get there...but a new town, school, culture, and most of all my first VERY OWN apartment to welcome me with open arms.

No comments: