Sunday, April 19, 2009

200H world record holder...

Ok so know I actually am not the WORLD record holder...but since the race is no longer in existence, I'm just gonna stick with the idea that I'm the 2009 SEASON leader (lol). My coach had an honorary race at a meet we competed in a couple weeks ago, and she insisted I run since she did not know how many people would compete in it. Since I finished my outdoor season last year, I said I would NEVER run competitively again...Jump, yes...but run, [hell] NO! However, I conceded, but my compromise was that I could long jump as well. It all sounded like a good idea at the time...and then we get to the meet and it's 40 degrees (but feels like 35) and rainy...just awesome I tell you. I jumped decent providing the conditions...and I pretty much jogged the race because I have the phobia of running in the rain since I fell on my head in college. I won both events (and hold facility and meet records in both events...lmao), but I'll never be satisfied with my jumping until I see 20 feet (legally) or 6.09m. No fun pictures accompany this post because everything was sloppy wet and I was NOT about to mess up my brand new camera...so sorry! But you can be happy that you know the world leader in the 200 meter hurdles lol.

No comments: