Monday, April 27, 2009

so close...

2 competitions in one month...and this is one that I'm actually semi-proud of. Despite the fact that the jumps all looked like total crap, the distance made me feel like I actually might have something in my tank if I took the time to practice. But this year is all about fun so I'm on the "rest is best policy".


***This is what 5.98m (19'8") with an off run, no penultimate, and absolutely NO air looks like.


On a lighter note...our team finished 4th in conference (NEWMAC). We achieved out goal on the season of making it back to the top half of the conference. It was an up and down meet, but the 4x4 ran a 10s PR so it was a great way to end the meet. It was also 85 degrees and for the first time all season I got to wear shorts. I love how people in New England think 85 degrees = summer time. Ummm NO! But I finally got to get my tan game on!


***me and the asst coaching crew. Notice Shan and I have the same outfit on. This is like the 3rd or 4th time that has happened this season. She truly is my "work wife."






***Mini C (me) and Carla (the head coach). Mini C is what the girls have christened me as because I'm like Carla's little protege.


The school year is coming to a close. 4 days of class left and 3 more track meets (providing that no one miraculously qualifies for nationals...not that that would be a bad thing). I'm working on another movie project (that makes 3 since I've been here at Smith)...not too shabby for someone who considers herself to be technology illiterate...and I have a 12 week conditioning plan to write up for my Sport Med class. This is like the easiest last week of classes ever...but the downside is that for the first time in 3 years, I have a freakin' FINAL!!!!! That's not a good look for me...

I'm really just ready to pack my bags, hit the road, and go play wifey for a while. I have a little less than a month, so I guess the it's safe to begin my countdown...

No comments: