Thursday, January 29, 2009

simple randomness

Sooooo...life has been semi-hectic since my last post.

- My J-term class that I taught ended. I really enjoyed teaching and my students were amazing. Plus the girl I co-taught with is simply amazing and I think we now have begun the start of a great friendship. The class was extremely intense with 9 days of 3 hour classes plus labs, so as a teacher that meant an immense amount of grading and lecturing, and a lack of sleep for two weeks.

-We had a track meet (which was an in betweener on the horrible-to-great scale.) We had one girl qualify automatically for nationals in the pole vault and another couple for division III new england championships. We also had a host of personal bests, however everyone just seemed flat due to the 3 weeks of 2-a-days.

- I, myself, competed in 2 track meets. I long jumped in both, and sprinted and triple jumped in the 2nd one. It was an interesting experience and it totally made me realize just how much I really miss competing. Coaching is great (and I wouldn't trade it for the world) but if I could compete every so often I think I would get my adrenaline fix and that would be wonderful. I would like to say that my jumps were only 4 inches and 1 inch, respectively, off where I opened last year AFTER 5 months of training. This was purely fun, with little to no training, so I'm not sure if I should be happy that "I've still got it" or if I should be ticked because I feel like I never achieved my full potential in college.

- Spring semester has officially started which in turn has brought me tremendous grief and irritation. The last few days I feel as though I've been simply going through the motions of life because I've been so upset and dismantled. I'm trying to drop a class but one faculty member in particular is making it extremely difficult. My teaching assignment was also changed, which made me a little upset because I spent time developing the class and now I feel like it's all in vain. I like my new assignment, but I don't like the fact that I didn't have much of a decision in the matter.

-The snow has taken over my life. Point blank. The end.

***outside of the gym (my second home)

- I think I've lost a best friend...not really sure what to do about the situation so...

- I'm unsure how I feel about the upcoming "single awareness day" aka valentine's day. I mean I'm not single by any means...but it's just never been one of my favorites and despite being in a relationship I will still have to celebrate it alone :-/

-Our track team is dwindling...every few days someone else quits. I like the idea of the power in numbers, but the ones who are sticking around are the meat and potatoes of the team so maybe we should think of quality over quantity.

- I found a new coffee shop that I love...haven't exactly tried the coffee, but the hot chocolate is the bomb.dot.com.

- I had an emotional breakdown in my adviser's office earlier this week...I hate when people see me cry because it shows my vulnerability and I think she was just as shocked because she says I'm "one tough cookie."

- I'm extremely grateful (this week) for Felicia (my lone black homegirl here), ALL of the track coaches, Michelle (my boss), Jane (my advisor), Jen (my new bff/coffee shop buddy/teaching partner), Sheila (old faithful), and HIM (for simply understanding me better than I sometimes understand myself)

- Oh yeah...I got straight A's for the first time since high school...whoop whoop for me lol

Sorry for the long post...been a mad crazy week. All I need in this life right now is SLEEP.

1 comment:

Valeriya said...

another random post... gosh Lacee' you just made my day.