Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 things + 1 about me (stolen from facebook of course)

1. My number one weakness is chocolate...in ice cream, and milk, hot chocolate, with peanut butter, and whip cream, with caramel and nougat, or just by itself...With it you can win my heart.

2. I love the sight of fresh snow...when it's still in powder form and white (not the brown slush it turns to when it is plowed to the side of the road). I do however hate this "wintry mix" b.s. Snow + freezing rain + hail = a whole lot of slushy mess....ewwwww! AND it messed up my Uggs...so not ok!

3. I love to talk, but I get really nervous speaking in front of large groups of people. I don't know how I made it through teaching a class without having my voice quiver one single time.

4. I expect too much of people...and I often think it's because I would do so much for them.

5. Tess, our equipment manager, is probably my most favorite person on campus. She always smiles at me and asks me how I'm doing...and the funny part is, I don't even think she knows my name. She just sees me as the only black assistant coach we have at Smith.

6. My dream wedding would be small and intimate (maybe on a beach, where I could theoretically be barefoot or in flip flops...not the old navy ones but some nice flat sandals)...however, because I know my family oh so well, I know they will want to make this a grand occasion ESPECIALLY if I'm the first grandchild to get married.

7. I also want a bad ass ring...one that screams "I'm taken", but at the same time is dainty and simple just like me (very contradictory I know)

8. I indulge in the fact that I'm a southern girl...and make sure to be as polite as possible to all the crabby northerners that surround me everyday. However, I can flip the switch to B*%^& mode with the quickness so don't ever take my kindness for weakness.

9. I do in fact "walk like this because I can back it up." Beyonce said it best...I do have a big ego.

10. I love weave...and I love changing my hair like I change my underwear. I really have an affinity for textured hair and since mine doesn't have natural curls, I buy hair that does. Plus I love long hair...except that when I wear it long, I only wear it in a pony tail...odd, I know.

11. Movies that make me cry are the best...the end. (despite the fact that I hate for people to see me cry)

12. I'm learning that over time things will change...and instead of fighting it with a baseball bat, I'm starting to embrace it. People come in and out of your life. Life is never as planned, and all I can do is roll with the punches.

13. I can't decide about the children issue. Some days I want a sandlot full, and other days I can't see myself taking care of another human being. Selfishness has never been one of my better traits (Plus I don't want to get fat...plain and simple). I have however started a baby name list...except they are all girl names, and everyone knows I only want boys...ok...maybe ONE little princess.

14. I'm always hungry and sleepy...ALWAYS. I'm not really sure why...but I am. I can eat you out of a house and home with out a problem, and then hibernate like a bear for days at a time. Sleep has even taken over me watching my tv shows...so you know it's something serious.

15. I love pumps, stilettos, and anything else that can put 4-5inches on my frame. I like being tall because it makes me feel in command...and it does something to my swag when I strut in them.

16. I wish I could stay in my 20s forever. I just don't want to get old. I don't want wrinkles or cellulite...hence the reason why it is so important to me to workout (which I've been slacking on) and get plenty of beauty sleep.

18. I'm afraid of hips. I see my mom's and aunts and they look like they have 2 midgets hanging on to the side of them. They said they come from having babies...so maybe that'll be another reason why I might not have any.

19. The most efficient way to contact me is to text me. I'd prefer to type than talk any day...and my blackberry is almost always attached to some part of my body.

20. I finally went to the movies by myself...and aside the fact that there was a guy smoking weed in the theatre, I think me, myself, and I had a very nice date. Can't wait to do it again.

21. I'm so enthused about going to the beach as soon as I can get away from MA...however, I don't like to swim, or be in water for that matter so I don't know where this excitement comes from. I just simply want to tan...and walk around in my swimsuit without people wondering why I'm always half naked.

22. I'm named after my daddy. His name is WalLACE...so my mom took the last four letters and added and E' to get LACEE'. I hated my name until I got to high school and then I loved the fact that I was different. I am now obsessed with my double E, so I want to add that to my kid's name.

23. I'm the messiest person you will ever meet...but I always know where to find things in my house. I've accepted the fact that I will hire a "Magdalena" or "Patricia" to come clean my house from time to time once I get married...of course the hubby will never know ;-)

24. I'm a track-fene. I check results constantly...thank God for my handy dandy crackberry. I always want to know what's going on...

25. I'm a numbers person. When I was younger and just learning about taxes, I used to calculate the taxes on my mom's groceries (in my head) before the cashier could do so at the register. Now they've upgraded and it beats me to it.

26. I like to people watch...and make up stories about their lives. Weird...I know.

1 comment:

Valeriya said...

1. I am TOTALLY with you on the kids issues.
2. The number 1 had me almost running to the kitchen to check if some icecream had miraculously appeared in my freezer
3. I almost died reading about the 2 midgets on the side - you are retarded for that.

Great Post...I love reading random as hell information