Wednesday, October 15, 2008

just a thought

Today I had this wonderfully amazing day...well actually nothing special happened but I went to bed in a great mood and I woke up in an even better mood. School or work wasn't any different from usual, and I even got a really good work out in. BUT the entire day it felt like something was missing...like something just wasn't all the way right despite my wonderful mood. As the day waned on, I began to realize that it all revolved around the great weekend I had. I got to spend 4 days with one of my best friends...and for a split second I tricked myself into thinking that life for me had not changed since I moved here. In Houston, I was ALWAYS surrounded by my friends - whether it be class, practice, work, or just chillin' at the house. Now I'm ALWAYS super lonely. I mean I can call them pretty much whenever, and they along with my family and boyfriend are amazingly supportive...but that still doesn't change the fact that everyday I come home to an empty apartment. No one is waiting for me...but I guess that's a decision I made for myself. I could have easily stayed in Houston...but I wanted to branch out and make myself "grow up" a bit...and so I am. But even as I mature, that will never take away the notion that I miss them soooooo much. I can't wait for Christmas break...it's less than 2 months now :-)

Here are a few pics from my weekend with Britt:

1 comment:

Valeriya said...

Ah Lacee', don't know if it'll make it ANY better but I am in the same boat. Except nobody comes to visit me. And talk about lonely ... I have 64 days 22 hours (exactly to the seconds by the way) until I go home for christmas. How sad