Thursday, November 5, 2009

boy i swear...

I am really getting bad at keeping up with this blog business...but one of my classmates mentioned this evening that she liked the things I had written thus far so I felt slightly inspired to make a post tonight. It's kind of nice to know that some people actually care what goes on in my life or my little ole' head.

Anywho...today was definitely an interesting day in practice. I had a free flow of words (and not so nice words I might add) on a couple of my guy athletes today. We've had some pretty good practices these past few weeks. One guy I'm pretty much developing from scratch and the other is a walk-on who I've come to love since he joined the team. To say that today they weren't "on" would be the understatement of the year. It was as if everything we've learned in the past 3 weeks just went out the window. I tried to hold my tongue, but my patience grew thin and out came not-so-nice-Coach Lacee'. I promise it was almost an instant change that they remembered all that we had worked on. I felt a bit out of character, because I refuse to believe my athletes are those headache kids who need to be cursed out on a daily basis. My athletes come with attitude don't get me wrong, but they do what I ask them to do and give 150% along the way. They want to succeed just as much as I want them to, and it makes practices so exciting. To see them accomplish something they spent all last season battling, or seeing that light bulb come on when the figure something out is what makes practices worthwhile. Today's afternoon session made up for my disappointing morning session 10-fold. And tomorrow I have my first official visit for a recruit. This should be an interesting weekend to say the least, but exciting for the most part. Being a coach...what can I say...I love it!

No comments: