Sunday, November 8, 2009

recruiting weekend!

So I am once again experiencing a first, although this is my SECOND year of coaching. I had my first official visit for an athlete I am personally recruiting come to town this weekend. Having just come off the flu, it was a bit more taxing and tiresome that I could have even imagined. I feel as though I will be recovering for at least a week. In 48hours, I walked, talked, and hopefully schmoozed my way to a possible signee in the near future. She was far more pleasant in person that she comes off on the phone and her parents were definitely ones that I would want to become a part of our program. They are supportive and are true track fans! In addition to her, I had an unofficial recruit come in who was a male athlete and I'm not sure if he spoke 20 words while he was here. I'm not quite sure how to take that, but his dad swears up and down that he really does like me, so I guess I'll just roll with that answer for now.

My most favorite part of the weekend was the food. If one this is true around here, it is we eat plenty...and we eat well. I'm pretty sure I put on a cool 2-3lbs, so I guess I need to get back to business in the workout department. My hiatus from physical activity because of the flu is officially over, so I need to get the breathing back in order and the legs to burning. I just refuse to not be able to do what I put my athletes through everyday...Can't let them have that one up on me just yet.

All in all it was a great weekend. I know this is the first of many, and the beginning of much success in the recruiting area of my career!

No comments: