Thursday, August 14, 2008

it's almost that time...

So I just finished packing...well re-packing seeing as how I had to re-organize all of my things from my initial move back from Houston...and I never realized just how much stuff I have accumulated over the last four years. I've been through tons of clothes, shoes, accessories, electronics, and loads of other random things...and no matter how much stuff I give to goodwill, I still seem to have an overflowing amount of things I'll never wear/use but just can't get myself to give them away.

I did however spend quite a bit of time going through pictures and cards which brought back so many memories of my undergraduate life. It once again reinforces to me that I am soon leaving (T-3 days) the greatest people that God has put in my life...outside of my family that is. I re-read EVERYTHING...lol. I have all of these Valentine's day cards from one of my best friends because neither one of us ever had a boyfriend to share that special day with, so we adopted each other as our own special valentine...and for that I am forever grateful seeing as how that is by far my least favorite holiday. (Toy you will always be my valentine at heart seeing as how this year was probably the last one that we will have to share in person). I also had all of these random 'congratulations,' 'it'll work out' or 'just because' type cards from my good ole' Black Barbie. If I never told you how much that made my day...I'm now giving you a public shout out for the world to see. I even ran across some things from high school...poetry that my Bestest and I used to share...she never once bought me a single card for any random occasion. She always made them and the love that she put into each and every one of them still radiates to this day. I found all of these inspirational messages that Des gave me throughout the last four years...and it made me think that my friends are nothing short of MY inspiration. They help me to keep going when I believed that all was lost...and they always tell me to cool it when my mind is going 90 to nothing. They keep it real 100% of the time with me...despite what the outcome may be. There are no greater words to express the way that I feel about them other than to say I LOVE YOU GUYS...Kim, Toy, Britt, Des, Devie, Chan, Smo, Shar, Linds, Mem...and my ENTIRE track team from the last four years. I guess it's true to say you are who you hang with...because I know without a shadow of doubt, I am a reflection of them all, whereas a little piece of them lives within me everyday.

1 comment:

Valeriya said...

I second every word you said. From having too many things despite always giving them away to you being a reflection of your friends. Let's GO Lacee'! Doing big girl things. :)
Love reading your updates by the way.
-your blog buddy.