Saturday, November 1, 2008

please DON'T call me coach...simply Lacee' will do

So THIS is my first picture as an official coach. YES I look like a total loser...YES I am extremely bundled up...and YES I am sitting instead of studiously standing and paying attention. However, in my defense, it was a whooping 30 something degrees outside that day. It took the 25min drive home, and 15min in the shower for my toes to finally come back to life. I was sitting because I had already been at practice for a cool 2 hours by the time this picture had been taken. I come out early EVERYDAY to accommodate one of my athlete's work schedule so I'm typically at the track for at least 3 hours everyday (well longer than any other person - be it athlete/coach on the team)...and I'm sorry but I DO NOT work in customer service so I have to get used to this standing on my feet shenanigans.

One week of practice down, and I am soooo incredibly happy that I picked this profession. I'm in love ALREADY. I look forward to practice EVERYDAY and so far I have left each day with a smile on my face. My team, contrary to what I came into the season believing, has a level of discipline that I never expected. They are just as dedicated to improvement as any scholarship athlete and I absolutely love to see that they are willing to work to be the best that their abilities allow. Needless to say...I think I've found where my true passion in life lies. I miss competing like crazy, but I love being able to make a difference in other people's lives. Maybe one day I'll be able to find a nice balance between the two...only time will tell.

1 comment:

Valeriya said...

Aww, this is so - hopeful. It brought tears to my eyes.