Tuesday, September 16, 2008

hurricane ike

I can definitely say I picked the right time to move from the city of Houston...but then at the same time, I feel just as hurt and devastated as the people who have experienced the catastrophe called hurricane Ike. First and foremost, my family fared so much better this go round than after Hurricane Rita. Hardly any damage...well just minor stuff such as shingles and fences being down. But of course they will be out of power for close to a month, which totally sucks when you live in an area that averages 90+ degree temperatures during this time of year. My family does, however have a generator so they can at least keep the food cold and have some source of air for the better part of the day. I called my mom yesterday, and evidently my baby brother was trying to do something involving some source of power and my mom quickly tells him "no, we don't have enough power for that." It was actually kind of funny at the time, but now that I think about it, that totally sucks to have to live life on a limited supply of electricity.

My heart goes out to all of my friends, who have had any problems because of this stupid hurricane. I can totally relate, so each and everyone of you guys is in my prayers.

I really think I'm going to find out who in the heck names these freaking hurricanes because, I propose that we quit giving them ethnic names so as not to continue to damage our gulf coast (i.e., Katrina, Rita, Wilma, Gustav, Ike)...I mean I'm just saying...

No comments: