Friday, September 5, 2008

To my girls...

I knew my move way across country would affect me in ways that I can not even imagine. I mean I miss my friends, my family, chain restaurants that I'm used to, southwest regional football games, being able to get around without the help of mapquest...etc. But I'm starting to realize just how much my move is affecting the people I love most. My parents call me way more than usual...just to check on me I guess because I've never been by myself and am for the 1st time 'my own personal guardian.' As much as I miss my friends...I'm learning they miss me just as much. There is a piece of them that is missing in their everyday lives...and that little thing is me. We have all depended on each other for 4...or just 2 years in britt's case...and I won't even begin to count the years I have been friends with Kim. When someone has a bad day...one of us offers a word of encouragement. If someone's date cancels...hey let's make it a girls date to the movies. I miss the sleep overs...I miss the partying...I miss the heart to hearts which have taught me a many of life lessons along the way. I think right now it's hard for all of us...and God forbid this is only the beginning. But it's all a part of growing up (or so I've been told). I'm pretty sure by the end we'll all be spread across the country, but guess what that just makes for super cool vacation spots. So look at the bright side, while we may be miles apart, our hearts have been forever touched by each other. Our bond will only get stronger...and I dare someone to prove me wrong.

No comments: